I Hate Writing

Probably not the best way to launch off this blog but it is true..I'd rather do a million other things than sit in front of a computer & try to transform my thoughts into articulate paragraphs. I deeply admire my friends who have ability to take the simplest idea and turn it into most eloquent prose. Sadly, I do not possess that ability, nor do I aspire to.

What I want to do is to share my ventures into two fascinating worlds: Expat life and knitting. The first one is a way of life now for more than 16 years and the second one is fast becoming a passion. I took my time to bring these worlds into the world of blogging. Gentle but persistent nudges form my husband over the years to just write about my experiences set the background, a conversation with a long lost friend after 15 years got me really started in thinking into doing it & finally starting fresh in yet another country gave me the final push I needed to overcome my strong dislike in writing and actually start this blog.

I'll try and write in English, but every once in a while I might write in Turkish, Spanish and hopefully even in Portuguese after a while. I hope to keep the posts into basically three categories: Reflections about settling in in a new country, wights and sounds I discover along the way, and knitting. It will be interesting to see who decides to join along for the ride...

Comments

  1. No surprise Banu, you and I share our dislike of writing (especially about ourselves)! I look forward to following your aventura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will grow to love it. Good luck and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Querida Banu, siempre me admiras, escribir es expresar sentimientos o pensamientos, por escrito, es dificil si eres una persona reservada, pero es gratificante por la sensacion de bienestar que causa.
    Por lo leido, he comprobado que lo sabes hacer muy bien.
    Adelante, seguire leyendote, cuando entre en Facebook, no lo hago frrecuentemente.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment